Categories: 2005, Cooking, Food, Food and Drink, Recipes
Monday 25th April 2005 – Recipe for Lasagne with Turkey (or Veal)
While I was looking for restaurants in Brussels, I found this. It amuses me, especially the bit about “posing” the escalopes… and for that matter beautiful tomatoes! I have left the English exactly as I found it, so all mistakes are theirs not mine!
Ingredients for 4:
- 400 gr sheets of lasagne
- fresh basil
- 4 beautiful tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large escalope of turkey (or veal)
- 200gr of mozzarella
- 100gr of Parmesan grated
- a good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato sauce with basil (sugo al basilico)
- salt, pepper
- Cook the sheets of lasagne ‘al dente’ (by two to prevent that they stick together) in a large salted water pan. Drain them on a linen.
- Cut tomatoes, zucchini and the mozzarella in fine slices. Roast the zucchini slices in a frying pan.
- Chop the basil.
- Divide escalope in four and if it is not fine enough, cut it in length once again. Roast the meat.
- Put tomato sauce in a bowl and add some olive oil.
- Oil 4 small individual oven dishes.
- Lay out a sheet of lasagne in each dish.
- Cover with sauce and pose a fine escalope on top, pepper and salt. Make your lasagne as follows: pasta, sauce, meat, pasta, sauce, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, pastes, sauce, zucchini, basil, Parmesan. Finish by a sheet of lasagne with a tomato slice and a some mozzarella.
- Pour a little oil on the whole and slip 15 min in the preheated oven at 210°C.
- Grill at the end, take out the dishes and let rest a few minutes, time to finish with a little fresh basil.