Sunday, 10th February 2008 – Brigadeiros (Recipe)
Note to self… When throwing a party with a Brazilian theme, try to avoid letting Janice eat three brigadeiros in a row…
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 400g (14oz) condensed milk
- 50mls (2fl oz) milk
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Coloured or chocolate vermicelli for rolling
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the condensed milk, milk and cocoa powder. Stir constantly until the mixture reaches a thick consistency.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Spread the vermicelli on a plate.
- Butter your hands well. With a teaspoon, scoop out portions of the mixture, and roll them into a ball, then roll them in the vermicelli.
- Place in individual confectionery cases and put in the fridge till needed.
The result is the stickiest chocolate hit imaginable. Janice ate three in a row, and then felt she had to roll around on the conservatory floor, waving her arms and legs around.