Monday, 22nd September 2008 – Recipes (Lavender and Honey Ice Cream)
And as an afterthought to our visit to Halibut, I have in fact found a likely sounding recipe for:
Lavender and Honey Ice Cream
- 6 ozs honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers or 1 level teaspoon dried culinary lavender
- ¾ pint double cream
- Place the honey into a heavy bottomed saucepan, over a low heat.
- Crush the lavender flowers with a spoon, and add them to the honey.
- Stir in the cream and mix gently.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes thick.
- Put it in a shallow container suitable for freezing, cover, and place in the freezer.
- After half an hour, take it out. It should have started freezing from the outside edges, but not be fully frozen in the middle.
- Whisk to break down the ice crystals and make it smooth.
- Put it back in the freezer and repeat after another half an hour. You may need to do this a total of three or four times until the ice-cream is frozen through and smooth, with lavender speckles.
- Serve, drizzled with more runny honey