And here’s one that is at least actually British/Commonwealth in origin…
1. Marmite – love or hate?
Utterly detest it. Vile stuff…
2. Marmalade – thick cut or thin cut?
Can’t abide marmalade either. I don’t like the mix of textures.
3. Porridge- made with milk or water?
4. Do you like salt, sugar or honey on your porridge?
Fresh fruit actually.
5. Loose tea or teabags?
Neither. I don’t drink tea.
6. Where on your door is your letterbox?
In the middle of the door.
7. What’s your favourite curry?
The local Indian restaurant does a very fine crab curry (which I suspect is Goan in origin), but to stretch the point a bit my favourite is a beef or duck rendang I make myself.
8. What age is the place where you live?
The house is around 35 years old but the town, Towcester, has Roman origins (it was known as Lactodorum) if not earlier.
9. Where do the folks running your local corner shop come from?
10. Instant or fresh coffee?
Fresh please, made in a bean to cup machine.
11. How far are you from the sea?
About as far as you can get in this country. Something like 80 miles.
12. Have you travelled via Eurostar?
13. If you were going to travel abroad, where’s the nearest country to you?
France – or possibly Wales depending on how you want to define abroard.
14. If you’re female (or possible even some males) do you carry a handbag?
15. Do you have a garden? What do you like growing?
Yes, and lots of flowers for colour plus tomatoes.
16. Full cream, semi skimmed or skimmed?
Full fat milk.
17. Which London terminal would you travel into if going to the capital?
Euston or Marylebone.
18. Is there a local greasy spoon where you live?
Yes, there is. It’s up the road a couple of miles and is very popular. The Super Sausage is especially heavily patronised by the local motorcylists.
19. Do you keep Euros in the house?
Yes. We travel so often that it’s never a good idea to cash them in on our return.
20. Does your home town have a Latin, Gaelic or Welsh alternative name?
21. Do you have a well known local artist or author?
John Clare, a poet of some reknown.
22. Do you have a favourite Corrie character?
No. I loathe soap operas with a passion.
23. Are your kitchen sink taps separate or a mixer?
24. Do you have a favourite brand of blended tea?
I don’t like tea.
25. What’s in your attic if you have one?
Oh dear gods, what isn’t in our attic?!
26. If you go out for a cream tea, what jam do you like on your scone?
27. Talking of scones – scon or scown? Jam or cream first?
Scown. I’m from the North. Jam first. That way the cream sticks better to the scone.
28. Barth or bath?
Bath. Also a Northerner (plus you show me where there is an “R” in the word).
29. Carstle or castle?
Castle (see above)!
30. What flavour of crisps do you favour?
Cheese and onion.
31. If you go to the chippie, what do you like with your chips?
I don’t go to the chippie. I may be the grandaughter of a fish and chip shop owner but it’s not something I really like. From the friterie when I lived in Brussels however, and it would be mayonnaise or sauce Andalouse.
32. Take away, take out or carry out?
Takeaway. I usually get them to deliver though.
33. If you have one, what colour is your wheelie bin?
A green one for garden waste, a blue one for recycling and a black one for everything else. We do have a very small brown one for food waste but we don’t tend to create any food waste that can’t be added to the compost bin.
34. What colour skips does your local skip hire use?
Not a clue.
35. Do you celebrate Guy Fawkes?
No. If they could try again and succeed this time, I might.
36. Dettol or TCP?
37. Do you have a bidet in the bathroom?
38. Do you prefer courgettes or aubergines?
I like both.
39. In the ‘real world’ Do you have friends of other nationalities? Which nationalities?
Yes, lots. Off hand and just listing the ones I’ve spoken to recently, they are Dutch, Turkish, Swedish, Italian, South African, Brazilian… I could go on.
40. Do you have a holy book of any sort in the house?
Yes for reference purposes, not because I actually believe in any of them.
41. Do you prefer a hankie or tissues?
42. Are you a fan of crumpets? What do you like on them?
Yes. Butter. Lots of butter.
43. Doorbell, knocker or both?
44. Do you own a car? What sort?
VW Golf GTi.
45. What sort of pants do you guys prefer? Y fronts or boxers?
46. Anyone still a fan of suspenders?
47. Do you have a favourite quote from the Bard?
Not a particular one. There are lots of good ones. It varies according to what I’m trying to say.
48. Do you like toasted muffins?
49. Do you think a traditional trifle should contain jelly?
50. Do you attend regular religious worship? Of what kind?
No. Why would I?