Sunday, 28th April 2019 – Recipes (Caribbean Pineapple)
A recipe of my very own, though it’s not exactly difficult or complicated (it does, however, require you to feel confident about caramelisation). It came about when a pineapple went slightly over and was about to become unusable…
Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 pineapple
- A small pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 splash rum
- Peel and core the pineapple and cut it into rings, retaining any juice.
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt some butter, with the chilli powder if using.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in enough sugar to create caramel.
- Once the caramel starts to form, place the pineapple rings in the pan over a medium heat and let them caramelise. Turn them over and brown the other side.
- If you have any pineapple juice left over, add it to the pan.
- Turn the heat up high, and add the rum, then set light to it. Once the flames die down, serve the pineapple with ice cream.