Sunday, 7th July 2019 – Cocktail Recipes (Caipirinha, Sinatra Smash, Long Mango, Kentucky Smash)
Here are some of my favourite cocktail recipes, starting with my absolute favourite, the caipirinha. Never let anyone make one using any other method! The Sinatra Smash is something I enjoyed in our Macau days at the utterly splendid Cinnebar in the Wynn Macau. The final two come from Balans Seven Dials which I recommend to anyone who doesn’t want to spend completely stupid money on cocktails in London, as they manage to keep theirs priced at under £10!
- 1/2 lime
- Crushed ice
- 50 mls cahaca (or you can use vodka, but then you are making a caipiroska)
- 3 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- Cut the half lime into 4 pieces and put them in a solid tumbler.
- Add the sugar.
- Muddle the lime and sugar until the lime juice soaks into the sugar.
- Add the cahaca and stir the mix thoroughly.
- Top with crushed ice and serve, adding a cocktail stirrer or a spoon to agitate the sugar/lime mix around later and/or eat the sugary mix from the bottom of your glass!
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh sweet and sour mix
- 1/4 ounce Sonoma Vanilla-infused simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce Briotett crème de cassis
- 1 1/2 ounce Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey
- Muddle the blackberries with the sweet and sour.
- Add the simple syrup, crème de cassis, and whiskey.
- Shake with ice until chilled, strain over cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, and serve garnished with a mint sprig.
- 35ml Vodka
- 15ml Triple Sec
- 50ml Mango Puree
- 10ml Lime Puree
- 5ml Passionfruit Syrup
- 50ml Cranberry Juice
- Shake all the ingredients together and pour them into a tall glass.
- 50ml Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 15ml Honey
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 50ml Soda Water
- 1 Dried Fig
- Muddle the fig
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake & strain into a tumbler.