Skip to content
March 2008 – Recipes (Tartiflette)
- 1.2 kg potatoes
- 200 g diced bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 reblochon cheese
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 bottle Apremont (Savoy white wine – if you can’t find this get an Alsace or German dry white wine)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Peel and boil the potatoes. Drain and leave them to cool (do not refresh).
- Finely chop the onion and sweat in a little oil.
- Add the smoked bacon and sweat for a few more minutes.
- Butter a gratin dish.
- Cut the potatoes in thick slices and cover the bottom of the dish with half of them.
- Add half the onion and bacon.
- Add the remaining sliced potatoes and then the onion and bacon. Spread the cream on top.
- Halve the reblochon cheese lengthwise so that you have two “wheels” of cheese and place the two halves on top of the potato and bacon/onion mix.
- Optionally, add a glass of dry white wine.
- Bake the dish in a very hot oven (220-250°C or 428-482°F) until the cheese melts and browns on the surface.
- Serve immediately.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: